Monday, October 3, 2011

Friday Morning Fun!



We love Friday mornings in our room.
That's the time we break out Alan Katz's crazy
and hysterically funny songs.  He's written several
books in which he takes familiar tunes and rewrites
the words that make you laugh!

My personal favorite is Stinky, Stinky Diaper Change.
(sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
It goes a little like this:

Stinky, stinky diaper change.
Boy my brother smells so strange.
He made something in his pants.
I sure hope it won't attract ants.
Stinky, stinky diaper change
Boy my brother smells so strange!

SILLY, DILLY SONG.....
But guess what everyone this is a great teaching
tool.  I've used these songs to cover new vocabulary,
contractions, rhyming, rhythm, beat, stanzas, 
compound words, and many other language skills.
IT'S been a great reading fluency tool and the kids
don't even realize it.....that's even better.

Now, for anyone who knows me, knows I don't sing
well and can't carry a tune in a bucket.  However, Alora
and Alan (hubs) know that I love to sing loud in the car.

Thank goodness my kiddos don't care if I can sing or not.
We have a blast trying to make these silly songs turn out
right.  It's a HOOT!

Check out this book and more for some laughs!
  


1 comment: